Saturday, July 20, 2013

Things are changin' around here..

I had a realization last night that I want to focus on my concept & fashion photography. That's where my heart lies. I made this post on facebook last night and it got almost 30 hits:

 "The more models I meet, the more I'm convinced that I was put on this earth to shoot fashion. I am inspired by art, not by money." 

And it's true. Money is not an inspiration, it is an aspiration to eventually become a self sustainable photographer but as of right now, I'm not. And I can't afford to stress over the little things. I want to make art! So, you're going to see more and more art concept & fashion related photography up on here. Photographing maternity & family shots is not going to get me where I want to go in life. Don't get me wrong, I love my clients and enjoyed those shoots but I want to be a fashion photographer at Vogue, and I can't get there if I'm worrying about whether or not someone will let me use their photos in my portfolio. Models want you to put their work into their portfolio, in fact that's their fuel to survive in the industry.

I'm so excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment